Since, again, all of the bins looked pretty much the same, I'm not going to post all of the photos I took, just a couple of representational shots, one from each side of the intersection at 4th and Bay Ridge:
Again, I found that all the bins contained street trash, like what you see here, not residential trash.
It looked like DSNY had made a pickup earlier this morning.
But, ha-ha! There was a pile of black trash bags in front of Sakman's candy store on the north corner of 4th and Bay Ridge Avenues -- on the side closest to 5th Avenue.
Could this be that residential trash I'd been reading about, then?
I decided to investigate.
I went into Sakman's and asked the guy at the counter -- the guy I buy the Daily News from every morning -- if he knew whose trash that was in the black plastic bags out on the curb.
"It's our trash."
"You mean, the store's trash?"
"Yeah. It's ours."
"So it's commercial trash, not residential trash, right?"
"Yeah."
"Do you guys have a commercial hauler?"
"Yeah, he's picking up later today. He's in Fort Hamilton."
"Oh, OK."
I noticed, as I walked past that corner on the way home from Manhattan tonight, that the black bags were gone. I assume the hauler had picked them up.
And that, dear reader, was as close as I got to documenting anything resembling residential trash in my week-long study.
I wondered, after discovering that the black trash bags at the curb in front of Sakman's were waiting for pickup by a commercial hauler, how many of CB 10's "illegal dumping" complaints were based on similar sightings.
To re-cap the weeks' photos, click below:
Trash Bins, Day 1
Trash Bins, Day 2
Trash Bins, Day 3
Trash Bins, Day 4
Trash Bins, Day 5
Trash Bins, Day 6
Trash Bin Guy is still at it. I don't get it.