4/17/10

Trash Bins, Day 2

I went back to the corner of 4th and Bay Ridge Avenues at around 3:00 PM today to see what was up with the trash bins.

This photo, which is representative of all 4 baskets on the 5th Avenue side of the intersection, was taken on the north corner in front of the pizzeria.

Just street trash in there.

Then I crossed the intersection to the 3rd Avenue side of 4th Avenue to take a photo of those black plastic trash bags and the shopping bag full of old newspapers I had seen on the north corner last evening -- but they were gone. Sometime between yesterday evening and this afternoon, they had been taken away, and what was left was this trash bin, near the subway entrance, about 3/4 full of street trash.

The 3 other bins on this side of intersection all looked about the same as this one.

Stay tuned for Sunday's installment.

Blog Archive


"Life is like a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving." -- Albert Einstein