When I walked by the trash bins on the north corner at the intersection of 4th and Bay Ridge Avenues at around 8:30 AM, I saw that they had been emptied since I last saw them on Sunday afternoon.
This photo shows one of the 4 bins on the 4th Avenue side of the intersection, closest to 5th Avenue:
As you can see, there's just street trash in there.
The other 3 bins on that side of the intersection of 4th and Bay Ridge Avenues looked about the same as this one.
As I walked by the free newspaper boxes in front of the pizzeria on that corner, I saw that the newspapers, like the flyers I saw the other day, are ending up on the street, contributing to the trash problem:
Then I crossed to the 3rd Avenue side of the intersection of 4th and Bay Ridge Avenues, were I photographed one of the 4 bins on that side of the intersection, which looked like this:
Again, nothing but street trash in there.
The other 3 bins on that side of the intersection looked about the same.
As an afterthought, I trotted south on the 3rd Avenue side of 4th Avenue to the intersection of 4th and Ovington to see what was going on with the lone trash bin on that corner, which was overflowing the last time I saw it.
Here's what it looked like this morning:
This bin, like those at the intersection of 4th and Bay Ridge Avenues, had been emptied sometime between Sunday afternoon and this morning, but, by 8:30 AM, it was overflowing again -- with street trash.
From what I've seen so far, I'd say it was overflowing because it's in front of a source of street trash -- the corner deli -- and because it's the only trash bin at that intersection.
More bins = less trash in each bin.