"The person I asked said they did not know his position and would call me back when they found out. That was three weeks ago.
I called today and I was put on hold while he went to find out Senator Golden's position. After five minutes, a female staffer got on the line. She told me she didn't know the senator's position and she was not aware of his agreeing to Mayor Koch's bi-partisan approach. She said that they were much too busy with the upcoming budget to find out the answer."FYI, every Republican in the state senate signed a pledge last year in support of bi-partisan redistricting, an initiative of former mayor Ed Koch that Governor Andrew Cuomo has endorsed.
In a comment posted to the L Magazine article, Golden's office countered that he had voted in favor of a bill, S. 3331, that would institute a bi-partisan redistricting process in New York State.
Problem is, the legislation wouldn't take effect for 10 years, and the way things are headed right now, we probably won't even have a planet by then.
The article from L Magazine.

No comments:
Post a Comment