This is the first time in the eight years that the Community Council's been collecting toys that donations are down. Some drop-off locations report that they have few or no toys. The situation is so dire that the Community Council -- for the first time ever -- is reaching out for help.
Half of the toys collected go to Reaching Out Community Services, a local food pantry that hosts an annual holiday party for children where gifts are distributed to children. The other half of the toy collection goes to Fort Hamilton Army base for the children of active duty soldiers.
Collection will take place through next Tuesday.
Please bring an unwrapped toy to one of the following local drop-off points:
- Capital One Bank, 7110 5th Avenue
- 68th Police Precinct- 333 65th Street
- Assemblymember Peter Abbate’s Office- 6605 Fort Hamilton Parkway
- Assemblymember Alec Brook-Krasny’s Office- 8703 3rd Avenue
- Assemblymember Nicole Maliotakis’ Office- 7408 5th Avenue
- City Councilmember Vincent Gentile’s Office-8703 3rd Avenue
- Community Board 10-8119 5th Avenue
- Congressman Michael Grimm’s Office-7308 13th Avenue
- Connors and Sullivan Attorneys at Law, PLLC-7410 5th Avenue
- Helping Hands-7610-7612 (lower level) 13th Avenue
- Neighborhood Improvement Association (NIA)-6614 11th Avenue
- Nordic Delicacies-6909 3rd Avenue
- Northfield Bank-8512 Third Avenue
- Patricia Laudano Realty-8416 13th Avenue
- Senator Martin Golden’s Office- 7408 5th Avenue
- Salty Dog - 7509 3rd Avenue
- Schwager Chiropractic 7201 13th Avenue