Twenty-eight Atlantic Avenue shops and venues from Columbia Street to Fourth Avenue will participate in the free, all-day event, featuring walking tours, discounts, consultations, mock weddings and a doggie wedding fashion show, all highlighting Atlantic Avenue as a one-stop wedding shopping destination.
Event sponsor AABID was founded last year to promote the long-term economic development of the area covering Atlantic Avenue from the BQE to 4th Avenue and nearby blocks.
The BID is leading efforts to market Atlantic Avenue, preserving its rich history and diverse character while welcoming new visitors to its array of antique shops, Middle Eastern restaurants and growing selection of boutiques, specialty shops, cafes, bars, galleries, bakeries and more.
The Wedding Extravaganza will kick off at 10 AM with brunches at M.O.B. and Bacchus.
Registration begins at 11:00 AM at Boerum Place between Atlantic and Pacific Avenues. The Cobble Hill block will be closed for the event. Entertainment from Noon until 4:30 showcasing live music from local bands.
At 11:00 AM and 2:00 PM, starting from Boerum Place and Atlantic Avenue, engaged couples can take the "Wedding Walking Tour", shopping for gowns and lingerie, flowers, jewelry, photographers, hair and nail stylists, gift registries, cake bakers, and venues for bachelor and bachelorette parties, rehearsal dinner, and reception. They can even scope out real estate and kids’ clothes. Participants will get a book of coupons offering discounts from participating merchants.
The mock wedding ceremonies begin at 1:30 PM, with two couples, one gay, one straight, walking the aisle at Roulette, an art-deco performance space and event venue in downtown Brooklyn.
At 3:30 PM dog owners are invited to dress up their pooches in formal wedding wear and parade them at the Adam Yauch Playground for the "Puppy Wedding Costume Contest."
The outdoor fashion show on Boerum Place begins at 4:30 PM, with a full range of wedding fashions you can buy on Atlantic Avenue, from bridal gowns to bridesmaids' dresses to guest attire.
The day will wrap up at 5:00 PM with a raffle drawing. Participants are invited for drinks at a series of faux bachelorette parties at Atlantic Avenue bars.
- Buying a first home: Fillmore Real Estate/Investors Bank
- Cake: Betty Bakery/Bacchus Bakery
- Cleaning: Go Green
- Flowers: Heights Chateau/Opalia
- Gowns: Kimera Design, Michelle New York/Veka Bridal
- Kids' Clothes: The Melting Pot
- Jewelry: Written by Forest
- Lingerie: Iris Lingerie
- Salons: Evolution The Green Room Salon/Parlor/The OHMM Store/Oh My Heavenly Hair/Tres Belles Petite/Medi Spa
- Venues: Roulette/Clover Fine Art Gallery/M.O.B. Restaurant/Chez Moi
- Wedding Registries: Circa Antiques/Collier West/Hatchet Outdoor Supply/MODULE R/Silk Road Antiques/Sterling Place/Signum Collective Art Gallery
- Wine: Heights Chateau/Free Range Wine and Spirits.
Media contact Jenny Chang at email@example.com.