A business must post a Commercial Bicyclist Safety poster, in languages cyclists can read, in a prominent place.
Download the poster in English, Chinese (中文版), Haitian Creole (Kreyòl Ayisyen), Italian, Korean (한국어), Russian (русском языке), or Spanish (español) .
A business must provide each cyclist with:
- A unique 3-digit ID number;
- Retro-reflective upper-body apparel with the business' name and bicyclist's 3-digit ID number on the back;
- A bicycle helmet in good condition;
- An ID card identifying the business.
A business must equip cyclists with:
- A bell or other audible device;
- White front headlight and red taillight from dusk to dawn;
- Reflectors on each wheel and front and back of bicycle;
- A metal or plastic sign at least 3X5 inches with the business name attached to the rear of each bicycle or seat, or both sides of the delivery basket.
- A unique 3-digit number different from the bicyclist’s ID number.
- Commercial Bicyclist ID Card (pdf)
- Vest/Upper Body Apparel ID (pdf)
- Metal or Plastic Bicycle Sign (pdf)
- Roster (pdf)
- Yield to pedestrians;
- Stop at red lights and stop signs;
- Stay off the sidewalk;
- Use a white headlight, and red taillight at night;
- Use a bell to signal presence;
- Not wear more than one earphone;
- Signal when turning.