The Greenwich Village Society for Historic Preservation, one of New York City's most high-profile preservation advocates, is seeking a full-time program and administrative associate.
GVSHP is looking for a highly-organized, detail-oriented, energetic self-starter to work on educational, advocacy, administrative and fundraising projects.
Must have a BA, strong writing and computer skills, and care about GVSHP's work. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop, Acrobat, Dreamweaver or other web design programs, database applications, and document layout programs a big plus. Strong organizational skills and a proven record of managing and completing projects in a fast-paced work environment are essential. Must be able to multi-task and stay flexible.
The job is 40+ hrs./week, with some weekend and evenings. Compensation package includes full medical benefits, vacation, etc.
· planning and coordinating adult educational programs and events
· managing children’s education programs
· managing and updating membership database
· designing printed and electronic materials
· research and informational requests
· tracking and trying to resolve landmark and zoning violations
· coordinating mailing and print jobs
· managing and recruiting interns and volunteers
· general clerical duties and office management
· organizing special fundraising events
· social networking.
Send resume and cover letter via USPS to GVSHP, 232 East 11th Street, NY NY 10003. No e-mailed or faxed resumes.