11/26/12

Moore to Dems: "Drive Right off the Fiscal Cliff"

In an open letter to President Barack Obama, documentarian and leftie gadfly Michael Moore called the House's "fiscal cliff" a "ruse" created by the Right to protect the huge tax breaks enjoyed by the wealthy.

Let the tax cuts for the wealthiest 2% expire on December 31, Moore said, and introduce a bill on January 1 giving the other 98% a tax cut.

As for spending cuts (the sequester), he said, the House's 2011 agreement states that, for every dollar the Republicans want to cut from the social safety net, a Pentagon dollar must be cut.

Imagine the Right voting against defense spending.

But if, by some chance they do, he said, legislation can be immediately be introduced to restore the social safety net. 

If the rich had been paying into Social Security at the rate that everyone else does, he said, it would be funded until 2080.

No comments:

Blog Archive


"Life is like a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving." -- Albert Einstein